What are the differences and benefits of the different licensing types?
Q: What are the differences and benefits of the different licensing types?
- Probably the easiest way to setup Remo 3D.
- Is a good choice when you only plan on using Remo 3D on a given computer, for single user uses.
- Well suited for laptop uses.
- Doesn’t allow using Remo 3D in a roaming fashion, from PC to PC. See below for details.
- This licensing type allows a single user to roam from PC to PC since the license is portable on a USB key.
- Unlimited number of PCs where the license can be used, provided Remo 3D is installed and configured to use the USB dongle on all PCs.
- Only the PC that has the USB key physically connected on one of its USB ports will allow Remo 3D to run unlocked.
- This licensing scheme is best for situations where more than one user needs to use Remo 3D simultaneously.
- The only limitation of this licensing scheme is that all Remo 3D installations must reside on a PC that has network access to the license server. This may thus not be practical for in-field laptop uses. For example, if an employee needs to bring Remo 3D on a remote customer location, outside the company LAN network access. For such a case, a dedicated USB or node locked license would be best suited.